Skip to main content

Katrina Kaif leaves for London

The healing process after her surgery last week is yet not even half-complete. But Katrina Kaif, recovering quietly from surgery at her Mumbai home, stubbornly decided to go and join her family in London for the annual Christmas-New Year vacation, which she had promised herself for months now. Katrina flew out of Mumbai early Wednesday morning after getting a reluctant go-ahead from her doctors at Breach Candy hospital.

Wincing in pain she said a few hours before departure, “The pain will remain for a while. But the process of healing is on. I got my doctor’s consent in Mumbai and I’ve another doctor in London who’s fully aware of my condition. The doctors said the pain would be the same in Mumbai or London. And as long as I’m very careful about not exerting myself I’ll be fine. So I’m off.”


Katrina had gone into a depression earlier during the week when she felt she wouldn’t be able to join her sisters and brother in London because of her medical condition. On Tuesday after visiting the doctors Katrina and her mother took a decision.

Said Katrina, “I can’t exert myself, can’t dance around or be boisterous. But that’s okay. Because our family is in any case not the dancing type. I just want to be with my sister’s little boy take him to the toy stores in London and buy him everything he wants.”

Katrina returns to Mumbai in the first week of January, hopefully fully healed. “Luckily I’ve a doctor in London who knows how to look after me. So basically I’m just moving into a happier state of mind by being close to the people I love. That would help me heal quicker. Wish me luck.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thousands gather to commemorate Hariri anniversary

BEIRUT: Thousands of people converged Saturday on central Beirut to mark the fourth anniversary of the assassination of Lebanese former premier Rafiq Hariri.Waving Lebanese flags and carrying pictures of the slain leader, men, women and children gathered under sunny skies in Martyr's Square where members of the parliamentary majority were to address the crowd. The rally comes as final preparations are underway in The Hague for the launch of the international tribunal set up to bring Hariri's killers to justice. It also comes as the country prepares for legislative elections in June that will pit Western-backed political parties against a Hezbollah-led alliance backed by Syria and Iran.Hariri died in a massive car bombing on February 14, 2005 that also killed 22 others. The assassination was widely blamed on then Lebanese power-broker Syria, which has denied any involvement. The attack on the Beirut seafront was one of the worst acts of political violence to rock Lebanon since t...

Aamir Khan in Yashraj's TV show Rishta.com

Yashraj Productions is making its debut on a small screen but just like films their TV show has all the star power as well. The numero uno banner of Bollywood is coming up with a show called Rishta.com, apparently, a comedy series which will show a matrimony office through which couples meet. YRF has tapped all their loyalists including Shah Rukh Khan, Rani Mukerji, Preity Zinta, Uday Chopra, Tabu and Riteish Deshmukh to make an appearance on their show but opening the curtains will be biggest Khan of them all, Aamir Khan. According to reports, Aamir has agreed to be a part of YRF’s new show and the main reasons for his nod is the fact that it’s very close to real life. The perfectionist star's inclusion also comes as a surprise as the banner has always flaunted SRK to be their lucky mascot. Industry sources indicate that it’s going to be big indeed, however, the details of Aamir’s role on the show haven’t been divulged as yet.

89 killed in Peshawar blast: hospital sources

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 PESHAWAR/Pakistan: The death toll of the blast occurred in Meena Bazar Peshawar has climbed to 89, hospital sources said. More then 200 people injured in the blast.According to reports, three persons have been rescued from the rubbles of the buildings collapsed after the explosion. The injured have been shifted to Lady Reading Hospital and other hospitals where emergency has been announced. The children and women are also among the wounded. Some of the injured reported in a critical condition. The administration of Lady Reading Hospital has appealed for blood donation. The blast shattered windowpanes of nearby buildings and created panic among the people. The charred bodies have been recovered from the blast site as several persons still trapped under the rubbles. A nearby mosque Umme Habiba has been destroyed in the explosion. Police have cordoned off the area as rescue operation is on the blast site. President Asif Ali Zardari has expressed his heartfelt g...