Skip to main content

I'm dying to be swallowed by Mallika Sherawat

Ram Gopal Varma won't admit it. But Irrfan Khan lets it out that Ramu's recently-announced terror film Agyaat was inspired by the special effects Ramu saw on the sets of Jennifer Lynch's Hisss. Irrfan Khan can't wait to be devoured by Mallika Sherawat."She plays a man-eating creature.She swallows men in the film. And I'm just dying to be swallowed her. Watching her devour men is a very very sensuous processs. Unfortunately I don't get eaten by her. I'm the investigative officer trying to find out who's devouring all these humanbeings."Chuckles Irrfan, "I'm working in Hisss with two very different and interesting kind of women, Mallika Sherawat and Jennifer Lynch. Hisss would've been like any other snakewomen story. But the way Jennifer has treated thes tory has taken the film to another level. The special effects will shock our audiences. I think Ramu is inspired to make his next film (Agyaat) by Jennifer's film. High-time we got special effects guys from abroad to do the needful." Irrfan was in Philadelphia shooting for New York and then in Cape Town for Sanjay Gupta's Acid Factory. "I love the US. And I loved working with Kabir Khan. He's a very chilled out guy.Kabir's unit was as relaxed. I felt as relaxed as I do while working in a Mira Nair film abroad."Irrfan's next release Dil Kabbadi offers him a change of image. ""I'm not going to pretend. Dil Kabaddi is a film strictly for adults. And we shouldn't shy away from saying this. It's about dishonesty in man-woman relationships. I call it dishonesty by the standards set by civil society. Sometimes you are not satisfied in one relationship and keep looking for sexual and emotional satisfaction elsewhereI like playing this promiscuous character."I play a man who 's very transparent about his sexual desires. Good change of pace for me."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US troops in Iraq head to Afghanistan

BAGHDAD: Nearly 500 U.S. Army combat engineers who specialize in clearing roads of explosives started shifting to southern Afghanistan."We are probably going to be the beginning of the influx you are going to see to Afghanistan," Lt. Col. Kevin Landers, commander of the Fort Carson, Colo.-based 4th Engineer Battalion, said as crews packed crates and cleaned vehicles for the flight to Kandahar.Obama has ordered 17,000 more U.S. soldiers and Marines to Afghanistan to bolster the 38,000 American troops already battling the resurgent Taliban."We are going to take this footprint out of Iraq," said Landers, whose battalion received word of its reassignment last month just after taking command of clearing roads in Baghdad of bombs and debris.

Cuba's world-famous cigar festival closes in Havana

Sunday, February 28, 2010 HAVANA: Hundreds of wealthy merchants and cigar aficionados from all parts of the world gathered in Havana this week to bid high stakes for humidors full of premium cigars. Cuba's annual Habanos festival ended on Friday night with an auction of ornate humidors of cedar and mahogany stacked with hand-rolled stogies that raised 800,000 euros ($1.09 million dollars). Habanos S.A. executives this month said cigar sales fell 8 percent to $360 million in 2009, so they have created the Julieta, a smaller, milder version of the Romeo y Julieta cigar, aimed specifically at female smokers. Women now make up only 5 to 10 percent of customers for Habanos. But even with the creation of the Julieta, Garcia said Habanos has only modest hopes for 2010 sales, due largely to a weak economy in Spain, the biggest market for Cuban cigars. The flavor of premium tobacco relies on the soil and climate in which it is grown. The western province of Pinar Del Rio, famous fo...

Berlin Celebrates the Day the Wall Fell

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 BERLIN: World leaders and partying Germans are descending on Berlin Nov. 9 to mark the 20th anniversary of the day the Berlin Wall was breachedIt is a day for celebrations and commemorations, for festivities and sober reflection. Berlin is marking 20 years since the fall of the Wall on Monday with a series of events, big and small. Leaders from around the world are descending on the German capital to help celebrate the momentous events of Nov. 9, 1989, a date that has come to symbolize the end of communism in Eastern Europe. The main focus of events will be the historic Brandenburg Gate, where 20 years ago, joyful East and West Berliners gathered together to dance on top of the wall and celebrate the sudden opening up of the Iron Curtain. The iconic gateway had once stood in the midst of no man's land, surrounded by barbed wire and machine guns. Now 20 years on, a concert and fireworks display will recall those heady moments. A line of 1,000 foam dominoe...